- There are 9,865 different species of birds alive today, stated by the IUCN “International Union for Conservation of Nature”
- The earliest known bird, Archaeopteryx lithographica, lived about 150 million years ago during the Jurassic Period
- Birds reproduce by laying eggs the size varies depending on the species.
- The ostrich is the largest of all
- An Archaeopteryx lithographica was the earliest known to man, which lived over 150 million years ago, during the Jurassic period
- Birds do not have any teeth
- Birds are not the only species that fly, the Bat is a mammal and they fly, also insects fly as well
We really hoped you liked reading our interesting facts all about our feathered little friends we will in time add more so do ensure you come back to visit us again, please add any comments below or any interesting fact that you would like to share with us.